Sahaj Garg [ Ω ](sz.sahaj) is a creative hacker, new media artist, technologist, sound designer, and a problem solver. Over many years, he has been experimenting with interactive technologies, ranging from AR – VR – to immersive interactive installations and immersive spaces. His works often include awe-inspiring audio-visuals in immersive spaces alongside interactive elements. Working on and with the evolution happening in the entertainment industries from the interactive spaces – AR/VR applications, music-driven experiences, immersive theatricals, ~ and disrupting and experimenting with the future media technologies to deliver mysterium tremendums!!
Sitting between the lines of merging physical and digital, he is often experimenting and is an enthusiast of future media and technologies currently such as computer vision, ai, blockchain, and more and finding new ways to combine these with art.He often works as a freelancer in 3D and interactive technologies, and his AR-VR works have been showcased in RMIT MAGI expos. His works have also been involved and showcased in collaborations with reAction Theatre, RMIT University, and is currently working on Playable City installation with the City of Moreland. Lately, he has also been researching and working on 3D people and object tracking software and overall focuses on design and technology integration in various fields, while he inclines mostly towards artistic industries.Fascinated by Cosmos, Revelations, Perception, macros and zen Philosophies, these ideas can often be seen explored consciously (or sub-consciously) in his personal art projects.
EXPOS ARTICLES, WORKSHOPS, RESEARCH:
- RMIT MAGI EXPO 2018 : Meraki – webVR
- RMIT MAGI EXPO 2019 : Multiverse – VR Mixed Reality
- Les Mystères du Louvre : reAction Theatre – Immersive theatre proto showing – 19 sept 2019.
- DIVE DEEPER AND FLY HIGHER!- behind the scenes 2019 || reAction Theatre Tech Team July-Nov 2019
- AR Enabled Myki : cards for a cause 2019
- RMIT MAGI XR CLUB (2018-2020) – VRCLUB MAGI Founder : orientations and how to workshops(develop) / Artist- Peer curation for weekly meets.
- OPTIMISING UNITY3D : Getting DEEPer series (2020) – at RMIT MAGI Online Workshop.
- Disrupting Virtual Perception and blending Binaural / 3D audio for unique immersive experiences, promoting mindfulness and meditative states //////// Mindfulness and Alternate Perception : Immersion via Virtual Reality and 3D Audio
- Towards a Framework for full 3D Pose and Positional tracking from a single RGB camera (ongoing)