Sahaj Garg [ Ω ](sz.sahaj) is a creative hacker, new media artist, technologist, sound designer, and a problem solver. Over many years, he has been experimenting with interactive technologies, ranging from Games, Simulations, AR – VR – to immersive interactive installations and immersive spaces. His works often include awe-inspiring audio-visuals in immersive spaces alongside interactive elements. Working on and with the evolution happening in industries from the interactive spaces and digital metaverses – AR/VR applications, music-driven experiences, immersive theatricals, ~ and disrupting and experimenting with the future media technologies to deliver mysterium tremendums!!
Sitting between the lines of merging physical and digital, he is often experimenting and is an enthusiast of future media and technologies such as blockchain, computer vision, ai, and more and finding new ways to intertwine these.His works have been showcased in numerous events and in collaboration with the National Gallery of Victoria – Melbourne, ReAction Theatre, RMIT University, Melbourne Central, NFT ARTTECH Miami, Brisbane Curio-City, EthOnline, AjStack Solutions – Pfizer- Dampier to Bunbury Natural Gas Pipeline, Playable Cities, City of Moreland and more. Overall he focuses on design and technology integration in various fields, while also inclining towards artistic industries and new media art.Fascinated by Cosmos, Revelations, Perception, macros and zen Philosophies, these ideas can often be seen explored consciously (or sub-consciously) in his personal art projects.
PUBLIC EXHIBITIONS/ Features:
- 2021 Nov Web3 Jam Eth Global Finalist “SeaShells”, NFT’s x Unity3D ,
- 2021-2022 Creative Victoria Grants ” Virtual FootPrints” – Orcha
- 2021 Nov, Playable Cities Melbourne / British Council – “Virtual FootPrints” — with OrCha Collective
- 2021 Melbourne Central x RCC – “tethered” – In Companionship, Knox place.
- 2021 National Gallery of Victoria – Design Week – Brunswick Ball
- 2021 March Curiocity Brisbane – “Virtual Footprints” – — with OrCha Collective
- 2020 ARTTECH Music: VR NFT Festival “tethered” – MIAMI Art Week
- 2020 EthOnline Global Hackathon “cO-Op” Unity x Blockchain x DeFi
- 2019 RMIT MAGI EXPO: Multiverse – VR Mixed Reality
- 2019 Les Mystères du Louvre : reAction Theatre – Immersive theatre proto – 19 sept
- 2019 AR Enabled Myki : cards for a cause
- 2018 RMIT MAGI EXPO : Meraki – webVR
- 2015 AAINA – The Dramatics Society
- 2015 NIT Surathkal: Haute Couture event of Performing Arts
- 2015 P.O.D, Pallet of Design, SOC Manipal
- 2015-2017 Saszer @ Zero Degrees and Kapu Beach, night Manipal.
INFO & TALKS
- 2021 Melbourne International Games Week – Restart the World – Playable Cities, Representing Virtual FootPrints – Orcha Collective
- 2021 The Future of AR Storytelling: Melbourne Design Week x National Gallery Of Victoria .
- 2018-2020 RMIT MAGI XR CLUB – VR CLUB Founder: As Curator and VR Development Workshops.
- OPTIMISING UNITY3D: Getting DEEPer series (2020) – at RMIT MAGI Online Workshop.
- DIVE DEEPER AND FLY HIGHER!- behind the scenes 2019 || reAction Theatre Tech Team July-Nov 2019
- Disrupting Virtual Perception and blending Binaural / 3D audio for unique immersive experiences, promoting mindfulness and meditative states
- Mindfulness and Alternate Perception : Immersion via Virtual Reality and 3D Audio
- Towards a Framework for full 3D Pose and Positional tracking from a single RGB camera
RESEARCH LABS and MEMBERSHIPS
Australian Computer Society (ACS)
MAGI Studios (Animation, Games and Interactive Media), : RMIT University
Shoot me a message for any Questions, Collaborations and Full CV enquiries.