Sahaj Garg [ Ω ](sz.sahaj) is a creative hacker, new media artist, technologist, sound designer, and a problem solver. Over many years, he has been experimenting with interactive technologies, ranging from AR – VR – to immersive interactive installations and immersive spaces. His works often include awe-inspiring audio-visuals in immersive spaces alongside interactive elements. Working on and with the evolution happening in the entertainment industries from the interactive spaces – AR/VR applications, music-driven experiences, immersive theatricals, ~ and disrupting and experimenting with the future media technologies to deliver mysterium tremendums!!
Sitting between the lines of merging physical and digital, he is often experimenting and is an enthusiast of future media and technologies currently such as computer vision, ai, blockchain, and more and finding new ways to combine these with art.He often works as a freelancer in 3D and interactive technologies, and his works have been showcased in numerous events and in collaboration with the National Gallery of Victoria – Melbourne, ReAction Theatre, RMIT University, Melbourne Central, NFT ARTTECH Miami, Brisbane Curio-City, EthOnline, AjStack Solutions – educational serious games for engineering firms, Playable City installation with the City of Moreland and more. Overall he focuses on design and technology integration in various fields, while also inclining towards artistic industries and new media art.Fascinated by Cosmos, Revelations, Perception, macros and zen Philosophies, these ideas can often be seen explored consciously (or sub-consciously) in his personal art projects.
EXPOS & ARTICLES, WORKSHOPS & PRESENTATIONS, RESEARCH:
- Melbourne Central x RCC – “tethered” – 2021.
- National Gallery of Victoria – Design Week – Brunswick Ball – 2021
- Curiocity Brisbane – “Virtual Footprints” – 2021 — with OrCha Collective
- ARTTECH Music: VR NFT Festival “tethered” – MIAMI Art Week 2020
- RMIT MAGI EXPO 2019 : Multiverse – VR Mixed Reality
- Les Mystères du Louvre : reAction Theatre – Immersive theatre proto showing – 19 sept 2019.
- DIVE DEEPER AND FLY HIGHER!- behind the scenes 2019 || reAction Theatre Tech Team July-Nov 2019
- AR Enabled Myki : cards for a cause 2019
- RMIT MAGI EXPO 2018 : Meraki – webVR
- The Future of AR Storytelling: Melbourne Design Week x NGV – 2021
- RMIT MAGI XR CLUB (2018-2020) – VRCLUB MAGI Founder : orientations and how to workshops(develop) / Artist- Peer curation for weekly meets.
- OPTIMISING UNITY3D : Getting DEEPer series (2020) – at RMIT MAGI Online Workshop.
- Disrupting Virtual Perception and blending Binaural / 3D audio for unique immersive experiences, promoting mindfulness and meditative states //////// Mindfulness and Alternate Perception : Immersion via Virtual Reality and 3D Audio
- Towards a Framework for full 3D Pose and Positional tracking from a single RGB camera